While many businesses had to effectively slow down their operations or completely shut their doors due to COVID-19, others were able to remain fully operational—providing products or services like fabric-reinforced inflatable seals and bags to keep critical industries going. Because Seal Master has been in the business of manufacturing products to supply critical industries for almost 50 years, we were able to adapt to the demands that came up during the pandemic.
One project in particular involved creating elastomeric inflatable seals for Bausch and Stroebel’s COVID-19 bottling machines. Bausch and Stroebel is a leading manufacturer of pharmaceutical packaging equipment, and needed a part for a new filling machine. They knew they could trust our engineers to produce a design that met their parameters around a customized seal with a standard G-15 cross section. You can read more about this project and the feedback we received from our client here.
What Are Fabric-Reinforced Inflatable Seals?
Our inflatable seals are unique in that they are reinforced with fabric for a stronger sealing solution, fully molded and custom-engineered to provide solutions for a wide variety of applications. They are elastomeric tubes that are molded in a concave, convoluted, or flat configuration, designed to inflate when an inflation medium is introduced. This causes a tight barrier to form between the mounting and striking surfaces.
Fabric-reinforced inflatable seals are the industry’s best, and our unique system is the most reliable, delivering lasting structural integrity and consistent inflation across the entire strike surface. Seal Master has a vast catalog of configurations, and we can provide custom designs to meet your technical requirements.
Fabric-Reinforced Inflatable Seals for Critical Industries
Critical industries are considered to be those that if they were destroyed or severely damaged, there would be detrimental effects on the security, economy and public health of the United States. There are 16 critical industries as identified by the Presidential Policy Directive 21 (PPD-21), and the following are some that Seal Master manufactures custom solutions for to keep them moving:
- Chemical Processing - There are a number of critical industries that rely on chemical processing plants to manufacture, use, and transport potentially dangerous chemicals. Seal Master provides solutions to these processing plants that help extend the working life of equipment, increase workplace safety, minimize downtime, and adhere to industry regulations.
- Defense - Our military relies on proper working equipment to produce and maintain military weapons systems, subsystems, and components. Seal Master manufactures inflatable seals for use with land-based, aircraft, and naval vehicles.
- Food - With over 200,000 registered food manufacturing, processing, and storage facilities, this industry accounts for nearly one-fifth of the nation’s economic activity. It also relies on other critical industries, including water and sewer, transportation, and chemical processing. We are able to supply our seals to keep their systems going: from conveyor systems to mixers, extractors, labeling and packaging equipment, and more.
- Medical - This industry protects all others from hazards ranging from infectious disease outbreaks to natural disasters. It is vital these facilities can obtain the parts they need for use in decontamination areas, virology labs, quarantine rooms, and areas where sterilization equipment is used.
- Nuclear - Whether it's for a reactor, turbine, reactor vessel, etc., Seal Master can engineer the right elastomeric inflatable solution to meet the demands put on this industry that millions of Americans rely on for their power needs.
- Transportation - The country relies on the transportation industry to deliver people and the goods they consume. We partner with businesses in this industry to provide seals for railcars, fire truck cabs, truck tailgates, and more.
- Water and Sewer - Modern life relies on the supply of drinking water and wastewater treatment. And these systems, such as sludge tanks, filters, deionization systems, and flood gates, doors, and barriers, need to be built with the high quality materials we manufacture.
Find a Reliable Sealing Solution
Seal Master can fulfill your need for fabric-reinforced inflatable seals that are meant to squeeze, push, seal, lift, hold or stop. Our team is stacked with knowledgeable and experienced engineers who produce custom designs that are manufactured with the highest quality materials specified for your application.
Our solutions keep critical industries operating at their optimal pace, and we look forward to exploring how we can assist you with your project. Contact us today to let us know you’re interested.