1. Seal – obviously, lots of examples.
a. Common example – industrial oven door. Used to keep heat and oils inside oven box. Specific customer’s application is high temp, exposure to various oils.
2. Squeeze – supplying the force/pressure needed to adhere items (stickers, balancing weights, ware strips, ext) coated with a PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive). Supplying the force/pressure needed to grip something to pick it up and move it.
a. Common example – medical company uses a small seal to apply even pressure when placing stickers on bottles.
3. Hold – holding delicate items with even pressure over an area. Uses holding mirrors for polishing, holding round parts during light machining
4. Stop - Stopping boxes on a conveyor to fill them, tape them closed, or add a label.
5. Lift – lifting scraper bars against rollers in a paper mill. These bars are hundreds of inches long and need to be lifted evenly.
6. Push – pushing shoes or segments in brake or clutch assembly. Pushing divert walls in conveyor systems.